• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

OK, so my pal convinced me to play GQ3, and now I have to admit that one observation of his is correct - the technical aspects of naval warfare are so important that they define the actions and possible actions of the commanders. If you don't present them on the table, then you're just playing Beer'n Pretzels. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but if you want something that is historical, you need to be presented with the technical details that shape the actions and decisions of the commanders.

Anyway, GQ3 is good stuff. Just enough detail that you feel like you're playing WWII according to the accounts and diaries, but it is managemable enough. That compliment aside, the rules could be tightened up and written better, and much more cross-referencing is needed. Anyway...

I said this topic os "out of this world" and I mean it. I'm wondering if there's any space games out there that respect the laws of the universe while stil making for a fun and playable game. I was thinking that fans of GQ3 might also be playing or have tried games like that. This includes a way to represent the 3D aspect of space warfare, somehow.

Any suggestions appreciated. But so far, everyting seems like Beer'n Pretzels, or too convoluted for a "game".

#2 nukesnipe

nukesnipe

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

You might consider Ad Adstra's "Attack Vector: Tactical". Newtonian 3D mechanics with attitude tilt block and "altitude" (with respect to the game surface) tiles. The game is all about maneuvering to get a shot while moving in three dimensions and keeping track of fuel and heat sink capacity. I use it to teach my son vector mechanics.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users