• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vichussar

vichussar

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

A friend and I played a cruiser action last night using (him)8"Cornwall, 8"Suffolk & 1 6"Achilles vs. (me)8"Mogami, 8"Furataka & 6"Odoyo During the game we both had ships recieve a second bulkhead hit before the first had been repaired. We were unsure on how this second occurrence should be adjudicated. We played it that the second bulkhead hit crossed of another hull box immediatly but no ongoing flooding, but I am wondering if it should be a totally seperate damage control issue so the each turn you have two (or more) unrepaired bulkheads you lose 2(+) hull boxes.

John Mc

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

A friend and I played a cruiser action last night using (him)8"Cornwall, 8"Suffolk & 1 6"Achilles vs. (me)8"Mogami, 8"Furataka & 6"Odoyo During the game we both had ships recieve a second bulkhead hit before the first had been repaired. We were unsure on how this second occurrence should be adjudicated. We played it that the second bulkhead hit crossed of another hull box immediatly but no ongoing flooding, but I am wondering if it should be a totally seperate damage control issue so the each turn you have two (or more) unrepaired bulkheads you lose 2(+) hull boxes.

John Mc

What you were thinking is correct. Each additional bulkhead is handled separately (ie, causes an additional hull box loss). So in your example of two bulkhead hits, if your repair roll fails, you lose two hull boxes. And since you can only repair one hit per turn, even if you roll succeeds, you'd still have one unrepaired bulkhead hit (which would cause one hull box loss). Just tonight, we had a game (RN vs RMI) where a RN cruiser took two bulkhead hits and three fires in one turn (thankfully, the floatplanes had been flown off so the fires only caused half a hull box of damage per fire). Needless to say, with only one repair roll per turn, she didn't last long (basically, she just came apart!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users