9 replies to this topic

#1 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I have been recently bitten by the bug of age of sail wargaming and have purchased Post Captain by ODGW and some paper model templates by War Artisan. As boarding is not that common I thought I would produce a flowchart so it is easy to follow when it comes up.

Below is a link to the draft single page flowchart from the rules as I read it – I would really appreciate anyone who knows the game well to look it over for me and help correct errors and improve it. The chart is still in draft so it doesn’t look as nice as it will do.

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance

Regards

David

#2 keithrose555

keithrose555

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

Nice work. I'm new to PC myslf so can't (at the moment) offer any guidance but I will be following this. I've read that boarding is complex. though on my first read through I didn't find it overly so, but maybe after playing I'll have a differing view.

Regards

Keith

#3 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

Hi Keith, having run through it a few times and am finding it relatively straightforward as well and gives a really good narrative. It adds a bit more complexity than just a simple comparison of factors but seems worth the extra detail.

I am very impressed with the sailing model used in this game.

David (East Yorkshire)

#4 RazorMind

RazorMind

Corporal

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

Well done, I have downloaded this and it should make my life easier.

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.

Capt. John Paul Jones

#5 Brian Weathersby

Brian Weathersby

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Locationnear Houston, Texas

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

I've looked over it, and I think it will be very useful. In fact, it was looking over it that made me me post the question about Raw crew factors and boarding.

#6 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

Thanks guys - please let me know if you find any errors or have suggestions for improvements.

#7 keithrose555

keithrose555

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:50 PM

Hi Keith, having run through it a few times and am finding it relatively straightforward as well and gives a really good narrative. It adds a bit more complexity than just a simple comparison of factors but seems worth the extra detail.

I am very impressed with the sailing model used in this game.

David (East Yorkshire)

Yes, I also like the sailing model - plus the damage seems quite granular - the individual mast & sail damage etc. adding to the narrative. Hope to get it on the table Sunday unless life gets in the way.

Keith (North Yorkshire!)

#8 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Very nicely done, Trotsky!  Lonnie and I have only had a chance to briefly scan it, but it looks real good.  I'll probably have more to say once I get the time to dig into it a bit more.

#9 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:31 AM

I have updated the boarding flowchart with the following:

* I found a reference in this forum that fouling is automatic when a collision occurs, so I have adjusted the chart accordingly.

* Added a reference that raw crews may not take opposed boarding attempts.

#10 Lonnie Gill

Lonnie Gill

Captain

• ODGW Staff
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 10:23 PM

G' Day Trotsky,

Have really appreiated several of the play aids yo have prepared.  

Please contact me directly at llgillgq@gmail.com to discuss several items of mutual interest.

Thanks,

LONNIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users