• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:27 AM

The Germans on the left hill attacked the State Farm. The Russian T26 aided in the defence of the farm before taking a direct hit from a 251/10. Posted Image

#22 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

The German right flank attack faltered under small arms and mortar fire Posted Image

#23 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

The German assault on the State Farm. Posted Image

#24 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:28 AM

The German right flank broke and fled. Posted Image

#25 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

With the German right flank attack repulsed the Russian turned towards the intense fighting around the State Farm itself. Posted Image

#26 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

The Germans took the farm, a desperate Russian counter attack across open ground supported by the T70s failed. Posted Image

#27 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:29 AM

The Germans occupied the Farm, 251/10’s provided overwatch support. Posted Image

#28 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:29 AM

The Russians held fast in their trench line. A duel between the 251/10s and the T70s resulted in a draw – One eliminated apiece. Posted Image

#29 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:30 AM

View from the German position. Both sides had fought themselves to exhaustion, neither felt they had sufficient forces left to successfully assault the other. A stalemate ensured. Posted Image

#30 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:30 AM

We decided that it was a marginal German victory as the Germans controlled the main farm buildings at the end of the scenario – it was close though! Defeated again by my Sarah!

#31 Sacha

Sacha

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

Nice small infantry action, great AAR with good pics. Just as if I were there too!

#32 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:26 PM

Super game! I am jealous your wife plays, too. Must be nice to have "in-house" opponents!Your half-size counters look good. They seem much less obtrusive than the square ones. Do you have them available in a file?Cheers,Gregory

#33 David Daulton

David Daulton

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:45 AM

WoW! Great job and wonderful terrain minis and pics. I too am jealous you have someone in house to play minis with.

#34 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

I am curious as to what Infantry stats you used? :)

#35 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:54 PM

Most of my game play is with my son (16) but my wife and daughters sometimes play. Pax Romana by GMT is the current flavour of the month. My son is interested in WW2 so is always up for a game of Mein Panzer.Hi Bob - used the revised stats you posted, they were an improvement on the last ones, more opportunities for close combat.I have posted a jpeg of the half-sized counters used in this game to gregory - if enough people are interested I will ask about getting them posted on the site. I like the counters to have a bit more weight to them than just cardboard so I mount them on cheap self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles, just peel the backing stick down the jpeg and cut out with a craft knife.

#36 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for the test, Trotsky! I am gald they worked better. We did a playtest, early war French vs. Germans infantry only, this past Saturday after or Monthly BM (business meetiing) and as the number go they seemed okay to me, but I was uncomfortable with the ROF. Every squad had a LMG so the everyone had a ROF of 2. What was your honest take? :)

#37 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:13 PM

Also, your AAR was most excellent as usual! Of course everyone is now jealous since you have let the cat out of the bag that your wife is a worthy adversary on the battlefield! My congratulations to you for finding and marrying her and to her for winning! :lol:

#38 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:35 PM

hi Bob moved the ROF dsicussion to the playtest section.

#39 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

Great, thanks! Don't want to crowd ou this most exceelent AAR! ;)

#40 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:49 AM

Trotsky wrote:

I have posted a jpeg of the half-sized counters used in this game to gregory - if enough people are interested I will ask about getting them posted on the site. I like the counters to have a bit more weight to them than just cardboard so I mount them on cheap self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles, just peel the backing stick down the jpeg and cut out with a craft knife.

I would like to see them posted, if you are willing.Cheers,Gregory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users