No replies to this topic

#1 Jim O'Neil

Jim O'Neil

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSE Arizona, Sierra Vista/ Ft Huachuca area

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

I just received an order from Panzerschiffe in Ohio; I thought I might give an estimation of the ships...I ordered 2 of the Dutch Eendracht/Seven Provincen Light Cruisers... they are OK, certainly won't be bad with some careful painting , but not quite CinC or GHQ level.I ordered one of the CV-1 Langley as an aircraft transport... perhaps not the most exciting ship, but the model is very good! The Aircraft that are sculpted onto the Hanger deck aren't P-40s (look a lot like Ki-43s! ) but it's still a very decent model.The Scharnhorst I ordered for conversion to a Dutch BC is standard Panzersciffe of old... a bit coarse and lacking in that essence a model needs... and it is not going to be an easy conversion either.My opinion (take it as you wish) is that the 2 CLs probably could have been built if started earlier and some of the other building didn't make it... Van Heemskerck is DOA as are the Callenbergh class DDs, which are all blown up on the slips.The Eendracht has to be started on the ways immediately after DeRuyter is launched, with details still in planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users