• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mark Serafin

Mark Serafin

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:13 PM

I was poring over the RAT table for the Royal Navy and found a minor mistake on the thrid page. Some of the lines of the comment column don't correspond to the proper data line. This may begin at the top, where the 'Hasty/Havoc' line lists a series of 'I' class DDs as having the same radars as the two 'H'-class listed. Or this may be correct, I'm not really sure. But there are a bunch of Tribal class DDs listed on the same lines as the 'I'-class Inglefield and Icarus, I think they're supposed to be down on the 'Maori/Nubian/Zulu' lines? More obviously incorrect is the listing of Australian 'N'-class DDs Nepal and Nizam on the line for the Kelvin, and the notes saying that the 'N'-class, Piorun and Norman were Autralian Tribals, instead of the Arunta, Bataan and Waramunga. I'm not sure, but I think maybe some of these comments need to be puched down about 4 lines?

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:27 AM

"This may begin at the top, where the 'Hasty/Havoc' line lists a series of 'I' class DDs as having the same radars as the two 'H'-class listed. Or this may be correct, I'm not really sure."No error, here. The 'G,H and I' DDs were all one class of ships. So the radar outfit would be similar."But there are a bunch of Tribal class DDs listed on the same lines as the 'I'-class Inglefield and Icarus, I think they're supposed to be down on the 'Maori/Nubian/Zulu' lines?"You're right, the Ashanti, Tartar, Eskimo, et al should be under the Tribal class. (Looks like a couple of cells shifted on the chart)."More obviously incorrect is the listing of Australian 'N'-class DDs Nepal and Nizam on the line for the Kelvin, and the notes saying that the 'N'-class, Piorun and Norman were Autralian Tribals, instead of the Arunta, Bataan and Waramunga."Right again. The Australian Tribals note should be for the Arunta, Bataan and Warramunga. The Nepal and Nizam, however, are part of the 'J, K and N' group of DDs along with the Kelvin, so the data would be the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users