• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ferguson glenn

ferguson glenn

Private

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

Could you elaborate on the effects of the higher armor values fpr Schurzen. Note 1 says HEAT rounds have there heat value halved. But I dont understand the higher armor value, sometimes it is 2 times or more then the basic value. What is this basd on?

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:25 AM

Hey Tread,Ignore the Schurzen notes! The Schurzen notes were suppose to be removed after the armor change for schurzen (armor values with 5/2 as an example). The doubling of the armor was suppose to remove the halving of the AP to make life easier. I originally oopsed and forgot to do the note removal. :blush:I will get this corrected when I do the next revison with the upgrades I put into the WW2 Secret Weapons, WW1 and SCW Data Books. It may be a while though.

#3 ferguson glenn

ferguson glenn

Private

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

Ok you still got me confused. Here is an example of the new schurzen stats for a PZ-IV J side armor is 5/9 were 9 is the schurzen armor. Is that wrong or is note 1 wrong? Also does this apply to all ammo types or one specific type?

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

Sorry about that Tread Head.First; totally ignore Note 1.Second, the values; 5/9 for the side armor of a Panzer IVJ the 9 armor value is the HEAT defensive value (or schurzen value) vs. heat rounds and the 5 is the standard armor vs. all other rounds. Chapter 9, page 9.4, DV (Defensive Value) section in first column, states; "In some cases, there will be two values listed, where the first value is used against AP attacks, and the second value is used against any type of HEAT attack."So, if a heat round is fired at the side armor of the PzIVJ then the 9 armor value will be used. Any other type of round is fired, then the 5 armor value is used.

#5 ferguson glenn

ferguson glenn

Private

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

Thanks BBenge I thought that was how it was intended. Those panzers better watch out now.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users