• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adrian Dobb

Adrian Dobb

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

Hi all, for anyone who is interested in the naval aspects of the Spanish Civil War (which is probably only me) I've drawn up some ship logs for the Spanish Navy and a word doc with a gunnery chart and few other bits on it. The C in C has approved these now so they are in the player upload section of the private download lib. I'm also submitting a design notes file with an explantion of the logs and charts and a scenario for Cape Palos, the major surace action of the war. Hopefully these will be approved in the next day or two.The data on the ships with regard to ASW is incomplete and I have little info on the subs dive times and batteries etc so these aspects are best guesses. During the SCW the waters around Spain were full of RN, French, Italian, German and US warships and many were involved in 'incidents' so a little research and imagination could see scenarios pitting Spanish warships from one side or the other against ships of one the major fleets. The ships surviving the civil war (most of them) could be used in scenarios with Spain as a belligerent in WWII.regardsabccunningham

#2 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:31 AM

This looks very interesting, and certainly represents a good deal of research on the topic. Thanks for sharing it with us and giving us the opportunity to broaden the WWII conflict in a unique direction.Cheers,Gregory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users